Thursday, August 28, 2014

Plan of Salvation


I love my mother and dad.  I will miss them.  I did not realize they would pass away while we were gone on our mission.  There are a few things I am grateful for.  One, they did not suffer long. Two, they lived good lives.  They are loved by family and friends.  They served each other, family, community, friends and their God.  Dad went first and a few months later they are back together.  Mom lost her mom before she married my dad.  I cannot imagine the great joy that reunion is.  Mom is back with Dad, her parents, 10 brothers and two of her sisters.  Only one sister, Loya, is not there yet.

I am grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.  "God is the Father of our spirits. We are literally His children, he loves us.  We lived as spirit children of our Father in Heaven before we were born on this earth.  

God's whole purpose, His work and His glory, is to enable each of us to enjoy all His blessings.  He has provided a perfect plan to accomplish His purpose.  We understood and accepted this plan before we came to the earth,  In the scriptures God's plan is called a merciful plan, the plan of happiness, the plan of redemption and the plan of salvation.  

Jesus Christ is central to God's plan.  Through His Atonement, Jesus Christ fulfilled His Father's purpose and made it possible for each of us to enjoy immortality and eternal life.  Satan, or the devil, is an enemy to God's plan.

Agency, or the ability to choose is one of God's greatest gift to His children  Our eternal progression depend on how we use this gift. We must choose whether to follow Jesus Christ or follow Satan.

We are physically separated from God during life on earth, but He wants every one of His children to find peace in this life and a fulness of joy in His presence after this life  He wants us to become like Him".  Preach My Gospel pg 48

My parents loved their Savior, Jesus Christ and strived to live His commandments.  They left a legacy and an example for us to follow.  I look forward when I walk through the veil and are wrapped in their arms of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment